Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 3 of Juice Feasting

Well last night I really messed up. Every Wednesday is co-op day. I pick up fresh organic produce from the co-op during lunch and when I come home from work I spend most of the evening washing and bagging up produce in addition to cooking for my family who does not eat 100% raw and making my juice. So I was swamped with things to do and tired. I had a glass of wine. Then I had another glass of wine. This morning I woke up with the worst hangover. Before being raw I could pull off a few glasses of wine with no after effects. While eating raw, I got a slight headache. But while juicing, it felt like someone had stabbed my head and left the knife in there.
I will not be doing that again. I've been drinking a lot of water today to try and flush my system.

Today, I feel very antsy and full of energy. I also noticed that my personality is changing a bit. I am more outgoing than usual. And when I talk, I am speaking way too loud lately. What is the matter with me? I feel like an old person whose hearing is going.
The biggest change that I've noticed with juice feasting is that I am very cold. Today at work, I have 4 layers on. I am freezing. I think my body temperature is dropping.

Also, I haven't weighed myself lately, but my clothes are getting baggier. My eyes are looking less puffy too. That's a good thing.

My immediate family all lives nearby...Mom, Dad, siblings.....and this weekend we are all getting together at my house to have a get-together with relatives from out of town. What's on the menu? Well everyone wants the SAD diet. You know.....grilled hamburgers, hot dogs (yuck!!) melted cheese and chips....etc.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to pull this one off without letting my family know that I am not going to partake of the food. I don't want to be teased all day long. My dad is a teaser and he will be beside himself if he found out that I have had nothing to eat all week long and have just been drinking juice.

I think I may make a plate and do what little kids to when they want their parents to think they have eaten their vegetables.....I will be equipped with lots of napkins!!! : )

I'm glad to be juicing. It's hard enough trying to eat just raw in social situations, but now I am juicing and that's even harder. I will survive though.

Be Raw!!!

No comments: